Lady Jane Dundas
- ca. 1802
- Stipple engraving, mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 11 1/8 × 8 7/8 inches (28.2 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 x 6 13/16 inches (21.4 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "J. Hoppner, R.A. | 229"; lower center: "Lady Jane Dundas"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi, R.A."; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Proof | II"; lower center: "#63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloth | curls | dark | drapery | dress | dress | engraving | hair | headband | monochrome | portrait | ribbons | stipple engraving | woman
- Associated People:
- Dundas, Lady Jane, Viscountess Melville (1766-1829)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lady Jane Dundas, ca. 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.