Oliver Cromwell, P.R.O.C.
- ca. 1655
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and aquatint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (44.8 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 16 1/8 × 12 1/4 inches (41 × 31.1 cm), and Image (oval shape): 13 5/16 × 10 3/8 inches (33.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "£212"
Lettered, upper left: "P"; lettered, upper right: "R"; lettered, lower left: "O | Pombout Vander Haeyye Excudit"; lettered, lower right: "C | Velde Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | military uniforms | portrait
- Associated People:
- Cromwell, Oliver (1599–1658), lord protector of England, Scotland, and Ireland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan van de Velde IV, ca. 1620–1686, Dutch, Oliver Cromwell, P.R.O.C, ca. 1655
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.