- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 7 7/8 inches (25.6 × 20 cm), Plate: 7 13/16 × 6 3/4 inches (19.8 × 17.1 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 6 3/4 inches (19.1 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "[P.s Kingford Ja...] | W. Vaillant sc. | Wass 7.III. | gift of Mr. Junnius s. Morgan sr."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4A.S."
Lettered, lower left: "W. Vaillant pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Maria Vaillant."; lettered, lower right: "A. Blooteling exc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | drapery | earrings | gaze | portrait | tallitim | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wallerant Vaillant, 1623–1677, Dutch, Maria Vaillant, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.