Isabelle d'Orleans, Duchesse de Guise
- Additional Title(s):
Isabelle d'Orleans Duchesse de Guise
Isabella d'Orleans Duchess de Guise
Élisabeth d'Orléans, Duchess of Guise
Élisabeth Marguerite d'Orléans
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 × 8 5/8 inches (30.4 × 21.9 cm), Image: 11 3/8 x 8 5/8 inches (28.9 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "ml(?)"; lower left: "23221 | LM"; in purple ink, lower right: "l. s. u."; in graphite, lower right: "'6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mignard Pinxit."; lower center: "ISABELLE D'ORLEANS DUCHESS DE GUISE | A Paris Chez Vander Bruggen ~ Rue St. Iacques, à la Vieille poste."; lower right: "Iean Vander Bruggen fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | costume | curls | duchess | French | fringe | nobility | pattern (design element) | portrait | ruffle | tassel | trees | velvet | woman
- Associated People:
- Isabelle d'Orléans (1646–1696), duchess of Alençon and duchess of Angoulême
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan van der Bruggen, 1649–1714, Dutch, Isabelle d'Orleans, Duchesse de Guise, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.