- Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 6 13/16 inches (24.1 × 17.3 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 x 6 3/4 inches (21.5 x 17.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "J. de Groot. sc. | 0E 458 | Laboree p. 181"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "NICOLAUS BOILEAU DESPREAUX."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | man | portrait | wig
- Associated People:
- Boileau-Despréaux, Nicolas (1636–1711), French poet and critic.
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan de Groot, 1650–1726, Dutch, Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.