- Head of St. John Baptist on a Charger
- ca. 1656
- Mezzotint and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 18 1/4 inches (35.9 × 46.4 cm) and Plate: 14 1/8 × 18 1/4 inches (35.9 × 46.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "15"; inscribed upper center: "B<...>t 1390"; inscribed lower left: "2 | D. 40 L 15 | p.181 mr F | c.13573
Theod. Casp. a Furstenberg. Pinxit & Sculpfit.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beards | charger | Christianity | execution | head | martyr | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | the beheading of John the Baptist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Theodore Casper von Furstenberg, ca. 1615–1675, German, Head of St. John Baptist on a Charger, ca. 1656
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.