- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (23.2 × 17.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 6 9/16 inches (22.9 × 16.7 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 × 6 3/16 inches (20.6 × 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "HB50(5)l.6 | fol 6 HB D | A.5"
Lettered, lower left: "RUPERTUS D.G.C.P.D.B. PRINCEPS IMPERij " lettered, lower center: "Animi gratia lucit"; lettered, lower right: "M. Merian pinxit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | Christianity | cloth | drapery studies | gazing | hands | New Testament | portrait | prayer | religious and mythological subject | saint | woman
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Prince Rupert, 1619–1682, British, The Magdalen, 1659