- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (23.2 × 17.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 6 9/16 inches (22.9 × 16.7 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 × 6 3/16 inches (20.6 × 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "HB50(5)l.6 | fol 6 HB D | A.5"
Lettered, lower left: "RUPERTUS D.G.C.P.D.B. PRINCEPS IMPERij " lettered, lower center: "Animi gratia lucit"; lettered, lower right: "M. Merian pinxit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | Christianity | cloth | drapery studies | gazing | hands | New Testament | portrait | prayer | religious and mythological subject | saint | woman
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Prince Rupert, 1619–1682, British, The Magdalen, 1659
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.