- The Magdalen
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 × 6 3/4 inches (23 × 17.1 cm) and Image: 8 1/8 × 6 3/16 inches (20.6 × 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "210"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Ku/u/w | a21623"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "3"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "T.J.T."
Collector's mark, verso, black ink, : "J.G."
Lettered, lower let: "RUPERTUS. D.G.C.P.D.B. PRINCEPS IMPERij"; lettered, lower center: "Animi gratia lusit."; lettered, lower right: "M. Merian pinxit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | Christianity | cloth | drapery studies | gazing | genre | New Testament | praying | saint | woman
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Prince Rupert, 1619–1682, British, The Magdalen, 1659
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.