Porchester Castle: A View from Porchester Village Looking across the Water to Portsmouth
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 18 1/2 inches (26.4 x 47 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower right: "Porchester Castle"; in gray ink, on back, lower right: "Porchester Castle W.T."
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "W.T."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | buildings | castle | city | fields | harbor | landscape | seawall | skyline | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portchester | Portchester Castle | Portsmouth Harbor | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Turner of Oxford, 1789–1862, British, Porchester Castle: A View from Porchester Village Looking across the Water to Portsmouth, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.