Mary Stuart, Princess of Orange
- Additional Title(s):
Augusta Maria Caroli Magnae Britanniae
- Mezzotint and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 21 1/4 × 16 3/8 inches (54 × 41.6 cm) and Image: 20 1/4 × 16 inches (51.4 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "N18851"; in graphite, lower right: "[...]MM"
Lettered inside image, lower left: "Hondthorst | pinxit | L v Siegen | inv. et fecit"; below image: "AUGUSTA MARIA CAROLI M:B:REG: FILIA GUILHELMI PRINCAVR: SPONSA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- girl | pearls | portrait | royalty
- Associated People:
- Mary Stuart
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy : Exhibition Labels, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 19, no. 44, N8219 K5 C761 1990 (YCBA)
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 30, no. 44, N8219 K5 C76 1990 (YCBA)