Adonis dies in the arms of Venus
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 15 1/16 × 12 3/16 inches (38.3 × 31 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "29"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "W. 112 III"
Lettered, lower center: "E. Quellinus Pinxit"; lettered, lower right: "W. Vaillant fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boar | bow | chariot | clouds | death | death of Adonis: he is killed by a boar | dog | goddess | grief | horn | religious and mythological subject | swans | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wallerant Vaillant, 1623–1677, Dutch, Adonis dies in the arms of Venus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.