IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Keyse Sherwin, c.1751–1790, British, Mrs. Abington as 'Roxana', ca. 1791
Mrs. Abington as 'Roxana'
- ca. 1791
- Mezzotint with stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 × 11 1/2 inches (43.5 × 29.2 cm), Plate: 11 1/8 × 9 1/8 inches (28.3 × 23.2 cm), Image: 8 7/8 × 7 1/4 inches (22.5 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mrs Abington."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "224 | Engraved by Sherwin | [fuenque unique] in this state. 12. [c...?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | performance | portrait | stage | theater (discipline) | woman
- Associated People:
- Abington, Frances (1737–1815), actress
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Rembrandt in Eighteenth Century England (Yale Center for British Art, 1983-10-19 - 1983-12-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.