- The Honourable Mrs. Beresford with the Marchioness Townshend and the Hon. Mrs. Gardiner Adoring a Term of Hymen
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 3/16 × 28 1/2 inches (58.9 × 72.4 cm) and Plate: 22 3/16 × 27 1/8 inches (56.4 × 68.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Honble. Mrs. Beresford"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Marchss. Townshend"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: " The Honble. Mrs. Gardner."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- decorating | dresses | flowers (plants) | garlands | goddess | marchioness | religious and mythological subject | sisters | sky | statue | Term | trees | women
- Associated People:
- Hymen (god of marriage)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, The Honourable Mrs. Beresford with the Marchioness Townshend and the Hon. Mrs. Gardiner Adoring a Term of Hymen, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.