IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, The Honourable Mrs. Beresford with the Marchioness Townshend and the Hon. Mrs. Gardiner Adoring a Term of Hymen, 1776
The Honourable Mrs. Beresford with the Marchioness Townshend and the Hon. Mrs. Gardiner Adoring a Term of Hymen
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 23 3/16 × 28 1/2 inches (58.9 × 72.4 cm), Plate: 22 3/16 × 27 1/8 inches (56.4 × 68.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Honble. Mrs. Beresford"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Marchss. Townshend"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: " The Honble. Mrs. Gardner."
Collector's mark: Walter Francis Duke of Buccleuch (Lugt 402)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- decorating | dresses | flowers (plants) | garlands | goddess | marchioness | religious and mythological subject | sisters | sky | statue | Term | trees | women
- Associated People:
- Hymen (god of marriage)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.