Mrs. Blake as Juno
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of Mrs. Boscawen
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint (third state) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 26 1/2 × 18 1/4 inches (67.3 × 46.4 cm), Sheet: 24 1/2 × 16 1/4 inches (62.2 × 41.3 cm), Image: 24 1/8 × 15 5/8 inches (61.3 × 39.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Mrs Boscawen"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinx"; below image center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Feb.ry 11. 1771 by J Dixon in Kemps Row near Chelsea Bridge and Sold by A.Dury in Dukes Court Saint Martins Lane"; below image right: "J.Dixon Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beads | birds | braids | clouds | goddess | heaven | peacock (bird) | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robes | sky | stola
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Mrs. Blake as Juno, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.