Print made by James Hardy, active 1770s, Edmund Burke Esqr, ca. 1780
Edmund Burke Esqr.
- ca. 1780
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 11 13/16 inches (39.5 x 30 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.7 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 10 3/4 x 8 7/8 inches (27.3 x 22.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sir J. Reyonolds Pinx,t"; lower center: "EDMUND BURKE Esq.r"; lower right: "J. Hardy Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | coat | collar | cravat | lace | politician | portrait | posing | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Burke, Edmund (1729/30–1797), politician and author
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.