IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Hardy, active 1770s, Edmund Burke Esqr, ca. 1780
Edmund Burke Esqr.
- ca. 1780
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 11 13/16 inches (39.5 x 30 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.7 x 27.7 cm), Image: 10 3/4 x 8 7/8 inches (27.3 x 22.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sir J. Reyonolds Pinx,t"; lower center: "EDMUND BURKE Esq.r"; lower right: "J. Hardy Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | coat | collar | cravat | lace | politician | portrait | posing | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Burke, Edmund (1729/30–1797), politician and author
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Print in Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Carnegie Museum of Art, 2004-02-14 - 2004-05-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Print in the Age of Revolutions: Hero, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-01-23 - 2003-06-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.