- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 9/16 × 12 1/2 inches (44.6 × 31.7 cm), Image: 14 5/16 x 11 7/16 inches (36.4 x 29.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "6/[...].10."; on back, center: "leave loose (underlined)"; on back, lower left: "3635 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "Lady Cadogan"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Published Feby 1st 1787 by John Dean Bentinck Street Soho"; lower right: "Engraved by John Dean"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt (costume accessory) | costume | curls | fichu | flowers (plants) | gown | jewelry | landscape | mob cap | mole (facial feature) | necklace | nobility | pillar | portrait | ruffle | trees | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Cadogan, Lady Mary (1750–active 1797)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.