- Frederick Howard, Fifth Earl of Carlisle
- Mezzotint (first state) on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 28 1/16 × 17 5/8 inches (71.3 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 26 11/16 × 15 7/8 inches (67.8 × 40.3 cm), and Image: 25 5/8 × 15 13/16 inches (65.1 × 40.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "R7038"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "first state"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Wm Ward Junr. | Proof | Printed by J Fisher"; lettered, lower center: "THE RIGHT HONORABLE Frederick Howard EARL OF CARLISLE, K.T.&c.&c.&c. | Published June 21st 1823, by the Engraver, 46 London Street Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Howard, Frederick, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), politician and diplomat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William James Ward, ca. 1800–1840, British, Frederick Howard, Fifth Earl of Carlisle, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.