Margaret Caroline, Countess of Carlisle
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 7/16 × 17 1/16 inches (59.5 × 43.3 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 17 7/8 × 14 inches (45.4 × 35.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Joshua Reynolds pinxt"; lettered, lower right: "James Watson fecit"; lettered, lower center: "Printed and Publish'd according to Act of Parliament 1st April 1776, by J. Bretherton No.134, New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | flowers (plants) | fur | portrait
- Associated People:
- Caroline, Margaret (née Leveson-Gower), Countess of Carlisle (1753-1824)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Margaret Caroline, Countess of Carlisle, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.