Lady Cathcart and her Child
- ca. 1770
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint (first state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 9 7/8 inches (34.9 × 25.1 cm), Image: 12 1/4 × 9 7/8 inches (31.1 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Sir J Reynolds; inscribed on verso, lower center: "1st State Private Plate"; lower left: "266"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Jean [Jean Cathcart, Lady Cathcart] (1726–1771)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Houston, ca. 1721–1775, British, Lady Cathcart and her Child, ca. 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.