- Jemima, Countess Cornwallis
- Mezzotint (second state) on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 × 11 9/16 inches (40.3 × 29.4 cm), Plate: 15 3/8 × 11 inches (39.1 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 × 10 15/16 inches (34.9 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Countess Cornwallis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "232"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr. Jos Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "R. Sayer Excuditt. | Published as the Act didrects 20 April 1771"; lettered, lower right: "Jas. Watson fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Countess Cornwallis, Jemima (née Jemima Tullikens Jones) (1747—1779)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Jemima, Countess Cornwallis, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.