Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland
- ca. 1774
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 5/16 × 17 3/16 inches (66.8 × 43.7 cm), Plate: 24 1/2 × 15 3/8 inches (62.2 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "R.7021"
Collector's mark, verso: Alexander Anderdon Weston (Lugt 65)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower center: "Published May 20th 1774, for Wr. Shropshire, No.158, and T.Watson, No.142, New Bond Street."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Thos Watson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Henry Frederick, Prince, duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (1745–1790)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland, ca. 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.