Charles William Henry Scott, Earl of Dalkeith
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 × 15 1/4 inches (54 × 38.7 cm), Plate: 20 1/8 × 14 1/8 inches (51.1 × 35.9 cm), and Image: 18 3/4 × 14 inches (47.6 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "2"
Collector's mark, below image lower right in brown ink: oval encircling a crown above initials "VR".
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Published Jan 1 1778 by W Shropshire No. 158 New Bond Street"; lower right: "Engraved by V. Green, Engraver to His Majesty and the Elector Palatine."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Montagu-Scott, Charles William Henry 4th Duke of Buccleuch and 6th Duke of Queensberry KT (1772—1819)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Charles William Henry Scott, Earl of Dalkeith, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.