Lady Ann Dawson as "Diana"
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 × 12 inches (40.6 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 15 × 11 inches (38.1 × 27.9 cm), Image: 13 9/16 × 11 inches (34.4 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "225"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinx."; lettered, lower right: J. Mc.Ardell fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Ann Dawson. | 6th Daughter to Thomas Fermor Earl of Pomfret Aged 21, 1754. | Sold at the Golden Head in Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Dawson, Lady Anne (1733—1769)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Lady Ann Dawson as "Diana", 1754
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.