- Master Crewe as 'Henry VIII'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (52.4 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 × 14 inches (45.7 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "15208"
Lettered, lower left: "Josa Reynolds Equea Pinxit"; lettered, lower center: Publishd in Decemr 1776 | Published Jany 23 1776 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside"; lettered, lower right: "J R Smith Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Crewe, John 2nd Baron Crewe (bap. 1772—1835), soldier
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Master Crewe as 'Henry VIII', 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.