IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Master Crewe as 'Henry VIII', 1776
Master Crewe as 'Henry VIII'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (52.4 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), Image: 18 × 14 inches (45.7 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "15208"
Lettered, lower left: "Josa Reynolds Equea Pinxit"; lettered, lower center: Publishd in Decemr 1776 | Published Jany 23 1776 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside"; lettered, lower right: "J R Smith Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Crewe, John 2nd Baron Crewe (bap. 1772—1835), soldier
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.