IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Lady Charlotte Fitzwilliam, 1754
Lady Charlotte Fitzwilliam
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 × 9 1/4 inches (32.9 × 23.5 cm), Image: 10 9/16 × 8 7/8 inches (26.8 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "[Fopl.]"
Collector's mark: Royal Library, Windsor Castle (Lugt 2535)
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J.Mc.Ardell fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Charlotte Fitz=William. | Publish'd by J. Reynolds according to Act of Parliament 1754."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fitzwilliam, Lady Charlotte (1746–1833)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.