- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 9/16 × 10 3/8 inches (37 × 26.4 cm), Plate: 14 1/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.7 × 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 9/16 × 9 15/16 inches (31.9 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "181"
Collector's mark, brown ink, circle, initials, lower right
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinxt"; lettered, lower right:, "Jas. Mc.Ardell fecit"; lettered, lower center: "Lady Fortescue 1757 | Sold at the Golden Head in Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fortescue, Lady Anne (died 1864)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Lady Fortescue, 1757
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.