- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 9/16 × 10 3/8 inches (37 × 26.4 cm), Plate: 14 1/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.7 × 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 9/16 × 9 15/16 inches (31.9 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "181"
Collector's mark, brown ink, circle, initials, lower right
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinxt"; lettered, lower right:, "Jas. Mc.Ardell fecit"; lettered, lower center: "Lady Fortescue 1757 | Sold at the Golden Head in Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fortescue, Lady Anne (died 1864)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Lady Fortescue, 1757
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.