- David Garrick
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 12 1/2 inches (41.9 × 31.8 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 × 11 inches (37.8 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 × 11 inches (33.7 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Garrick"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "170"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted b Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Tho. Watson."; lettered lower center: "London. Publish'd March 18th 1779, for Watson & Dickenson No.158 New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, David Garrick, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.