- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 12 1/2 inches (41.9 × 31.8 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 × 11 inches (37.8 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 × 11 inches (33.7 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Garrick"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "170"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted b Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Tho. Watson."; lettered lower center: "London. Publish'd March 18th 1779, for Watson & Dickenson No.158 New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, David Garrick, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.