Prince William Frederick of Gloucester
- Aquatint and engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 12 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (32.1 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 11 1/4 × 8 1/16 inches (28.6 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Proof"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "45357"; lower right: "M3991"; lower center: "Duke of Gloucester"; lower left: "Prince William Frederick | 149"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr. Joshua Reynolds Pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "Caroline Watson Sculpsit"; lettered, lower center: "John Boydell excudit 1784. | Published Augt. 14th 1784, by John Boydell, Engraver in Cheapside, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Frederick, Prince William Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (1776–1834)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Caroline Watson, 1760–1814, British, Prince William Frederick of Gloucester, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.