- Jane, Duchess of Gordon
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 12 3/4 inches (43.5 x 32.4 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 x 10 15/16 inches (37.8 x 27.8 cm), and Image: 10 3/4 x 9 1/16 inches (27.3 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Duchess of Gordon"; on back, lower center: "2/6 | #119"; lower right: "M"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Publish'd Feby 28th,, 1775, by W. Dickinsin"; lower right: "Engrav'd by W. DIckinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | beauty | belt | collar | curls | duchess | gaze | hair | lace | necklace | pearls | political | portrait | posing | reformer | ruff | satin | solemn
- Associated People:
- Jane, Duchess of Gordon (née Maxwell) (1748/9 - 1812), academic/intellectual
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Jane, Duchess of Gordon, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.