IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Lady Jane Halliday, 1779
Lady Jane Halliday
- Additional Title(s):
The Right Honble Lady Jane Halliday, Sister to the Earl of Dysart
- Mezzotint, scratched letter proof, before title on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 3/8 × 18 5/8 inches (67 × 47.3 cm), Plate: 25 × 15 1/4 inches (63.5 × 38.7 cm), Image: 23 5/8 × 15 1/4 inches (60 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, center right: "No.8"; lower center: "Lady Jane Halliday"
Scratched lettering below image, lower center: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Engraved by V. Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty, & to the Elector Palatine. | Published Decr. 24th. 1779, by V.Green, No.29, Newman Street, Oxford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Ferry, Lady Jane (1750–1802)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.