Countess of Harrington
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 × 15 5/8 inches (63.5 × 39.7 cm), Plate: 24 3/4 × 15 1/4 inches (62.9 × 38.7 cm), Image: 23 1/2 × 15 1/8 inches (59.7 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "7180"; lower right: "4736"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "Published May 1st, 1780, by V Green, No. 29, Newman Street, Oxford Street"; lower right: "Engrav'd by V Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty & the Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Stanhope, Jane Countess of Harrington (née Fleming) (1755–1824), society hostess and heiress
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Countess of Harrington, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.