- Countess of Harrington
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 × 15 5/8 inches (63.5 × 39.7 cm), Plate: 24 3/4 × 15 1/4 inches (62.9 × 38.7 cm), and Image: 23 1/2 × 15 1/8 inches (59.7 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "7180"; lower right: "4736"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "Published May 1st, 1780, by V Green, No. 29, Newman Street, Oxford Street"; lower right: "Engrav'd by V Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty & the Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Stanhope, Jane Countess of Harrington (née Fleming) (1755–1824), society hostess and heiress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Countess of Harrington, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.