Jane, Countess of Harrington, with Her Children, Lord Petersham and Honorable Lincoln Stanhope
- Additional Title(s):
Jane, Countess of Harrington, with Her Children
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 x 13 1/4 inches (42.5 x 33.7 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 11 11/16 inches (37.7 x 29.7 cm), Image: 11 9/16 x 9 1/8 inches (29.3 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "181"; lower center: "Jane, Countess of Harrington w/ her Children"; on back, lower left: "^/24 | Reynolds"; lower center: "177 | Jane, Countess of Harrington, w/ her children | Lord Petersham & Hon. Lincoln Stanhope"; lower right: "1st State. fine proof | rare"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boys | children | column (architectural element) | costume | countess | curls | curtain | dresses | family | feathers | gowns (dresses) | hat | mother | nobility | pearls | petticoat | portrait | sashes (costume accessories) | sons | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Jane, Countess of Harrington (1755–1824)
Stanhope, Charles, fourth earl of Harrington (1780–1851), dandy
Stanhope, Lincoln (1781–1840), military/naval officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Jane, Countess of Harrington, with Her Children, Lord Petersham and Honorable Lincoln Stanhope, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.