IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Warren Hastings, ca. 1777
- ca. 1777
- Mezzotint on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/4 × 14 1/8 inches (47.6 × 35.9 cm), Image: 15 7/8 × 12 7/8 inches (40.3 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Warren Hastings". Framing instructions inscribed on verso in graphite.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hastings, Warren (1732–1818), governor-general of Bengal
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Company Culture (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-09-16 - 2004-01-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Morna O'Neill, Company Culture:, British Artists and the East India Company 1770-1830: October 16, 2003-January 11, 2004 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2003, no. 46, V 1199 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.