Rear Admiral Lord Hood
- Additional Title(s):
Samuel Hood, 1st Viscount Hood
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 19 7/8 × 14 inches (50.5 × 35.6 cm) and Image: 18 × 14 inches (45.7 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "B Colna[...]"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "305 - 5"
Collector's mark: "BQ", Duke of Buccleuch, Lugt L.402
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds | Engraved by J.Jones | To the Worshipful Company of Ironmongers | This Plate of Rear Admiral Lord Hood is with | Permission Dedicated by their most obedient humble Servant | John Jones | London, Publish'd according to Act Decr. 4th 1783 and Sold by J. Jones No. 63 Great Portland Street Marylebone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hood, Alexander, Viscount Bridport (1726–1814), naval officer and politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Rear Admiral Lord Hood, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.