Miss Mary Horneck
- Mezzotint (first state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 20 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (52.4 × 37.8 cm), 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and 18 × 14 inches (45.7 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image, lower right: "1st State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "869/10 | 7487 | ecxnett | 8297 clag | Miss Hornexk | 1er Etat | w + PP."
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Publish'd Feb''y 20th, 1778, by W. Shropshire, No.158, New Bond Street"; lower left: "Engrav'd by R. Dunkarton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Gwyn, Mary (1753-1840), actress
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Dunkarton, 1744–1811, British, Miss Mary Horneck, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.