Lady Caroline Isabella Howard
- Mezzotint (first proof) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/8 × 13 1/2 inches (46.7 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 18 1/8 × 13 1/8 inches (46 × 33.3 cm), and Image: 16 7/8 × 13 inches (42.9 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "47"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left, upside down: "0132x"; upside down upper right: "15th March [...]1873": upper right: "24 x 18"; lower center: "The Right Hon.ble Lady Caroline | Howard, daughter of the Earl of | Carlisle | now | Lady Cawdor"; lower left: 8622"; lower right: "first proof"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "Engraved by V Green Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty, & to the Elector Palatine | Published by V Green No. 29 Newman Street, Oxford Street, Dec 7th, 1778, & at No. 52. Strand | Se vend a Londres, chez les Freres Torre, Merchands d'Estampes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Campbell, Isabella Caroline (née Howard), Lady Cawdor of Castlemartin (1771-1848), Wife of 1st Baron Cawdor of Castlemartin
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Lady Caroline Isabella Howard, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.