John Hunter, F.R.S.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 31 1/2 × 23 1/4 inches (80 × 59.1 cm), Plate: 20 × 15 1/8 inches (50.8 × 38.4 cm), Image: 16 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (42.2 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "No.4 Novr.13 Cox"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Willm Sharp sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "London, Publish'd 1st Jany 1788 by Wm Sharp Charles Street Middx Hospital"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hunter, John (1728–1793), surgeon and anatomist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Sharp, 1749–1824, British, John Hunter, F.R.S, 1788