John Hunter, F.R.S.
- Line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 31 1/2 × 23 1/4 inches (80 × 59.1 cm), Plate: 20 × 15 1/8 inches (50.8 × 38.4 cm), and Image: 16 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (42.2 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "No.4 Novr.13 Cox"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Willm Sharp sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "London, Publish'd 1st Jany 1788 by Wm Sharp Charles Street Middx Hospital"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hunter, John (1728–1793), surgeon and anatomist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Sharp, 1749–1824, British, John Hunter, F.R.S, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.