Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 25 1/2 × 15 5/8 inches (64.8 × 39.7 cm), 25 × 15 1/4 inches (63.5 × 38.7 cm), and 23 3/4 × 15 1/4 inches (60.3 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Duchess of Devonshire"
Scratched lettering below image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Engrav'd by V.Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty, and to the Elector Palatine | Publish'd July 1st, 1780, by V.Green, No.29 Newman Street, Oxford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Cavendish [née Spencer], Georgiana, duchess of Devonshire (1757–1806), political hostess
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire, 1780