Lavinia Countess Spencer
- Mezzotint, 2nd state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 × 12 7/16 inches (41.6 × 31.6 cm), Plate: 15 × 10 15/16 inches (38.1 × 27.8 cm), and Image: 12 15/16 × 10 7/8 inches (32.9 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, veros, lower left: "205"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Jr.33 proof 2"
Lettered, lower left: "S Joshua Reynolds, pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "C Hodges fecit"; lettered, lower center: "Pub 6th July 1784 by Wm. Humphrey No.227 Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Bingham, Lady Lavinia (1762–1831)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Howard Hodges, 1764–1837, British, Lavinia Countess Spencer, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.