Emily Countess of Kildare
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 14 1/8 × 10 1/8 inches (35.9 × 25.7 cm) and Image: 12 9/16 × 9 13/16 inches (31.9 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "189"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "27"
Collector's mark, brown ink, JR initia
Lettered, lower left: "J Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J. McArdell fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Emily Countess of Kildare, 1754. | To the Rt. Honble James Earl of Kildare This PLATE is humbly Dedicated by his Lordships most Obedient Servt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fitzgerald, Emilia Mary (1731 - 1814), Duchess of Leinster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Emily Countess of Kildare, 1754
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.