William Robert, second Duke of Leinster
- Additional Title(s):
William Robert, 2nd Duke of Leinster
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 23 × 15 1/2 inches (58.4 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 5/8 × 14 inches (47.3 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Duke of Leinster"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "ex | Kt/tt/w"; lower right: "Very fine Proof before any letters | ex[...]"
Collector's mark: "BR" with belt and crown
Lettered below image in scratched letters, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Published according to act of Parliament November 25, 1774"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fitzgerald, William Robert, second duke of Leinster (1749–1804), landowner and political reformer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Laffan, Ireland : crossroads of art and design, 1690-1840, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 2015, pp. 158, 227, no. 34, fig. 8 (p 158), N6787 .I74 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA)