Emilia, Duchess of Leinster
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 x 12 5/16 inches (42.2 x 31.3 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 7/8 inches (38.2 x 27.7 cm), and Image (oval): 10 9/16 x 8 9/16 inches (26.8 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite,, lower center: "187"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Emilia Duchess of Leinster~ | London Published March 20th 1796 by W. Richardson York House No31 Strand"; lower right: "Engraved by W. Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | dress | duchess | embroidery | gaze | hair | oval | portrait | posing | profile | woman
- Associated People:
- Fitzgerald, Emilia Mary (1731 - 1814), Duchess of Leinster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Emilia, Duchess of Leinster, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.