William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, View from the Round Tower, Windsor Castle, 1827
View from the Round Tower, Windsor Castle
- Watercolor, with pen in brown ink, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 × 20 5/16 inches (31.3 × 51.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 3/16 × 20 1/8 inches (31 × 51.1 cm), and Image: 11 15/16 × 19 7/8 inches (30.3 × 50.5 cm)
signed and dated in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "W. DANIELL. 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carriage | castle | figures | hills | horses (animals) | landscape | paths | river | roads | round tower | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.