View from the Round Tower, Windsor Castle
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 × 20 5/16 inches (31.3 × 51.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 3/16 × 20 1/8 inches (31 × 51.1 cm), Image: 11 15/16 × 19 7/8 inches (30.3 × 50.5 cm)
signed and dated in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "W. DANIELL. 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carriage | castle | figures | hills | horses (animals) | landscape | paths | river | roads | round tower | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, View from the Round Tower, Windsor Castle, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.