Phoebe Hoppner as Caroline de Lichtfield
- Additional Title(s):
Caroline de Lichtfield
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 14 5/16 x 11 9/16 inches (36.3 x 29.3 cm), 14 1/8 x 10 7/8 inches (35.8 x 27.7 cm), and 13 7/16 x 10 13/16 inches (34.2 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "£280 (underlined)"; on back, lower center: "#84"; on back, lower right: "8493 (underlined)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by J. Hoppner"; lower right: "[...]'d by Dean"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (costume accessories) | Caroline de Lichtfield, ou Mémoires d'une Famille Prussienne (1789) | column (architectural element) | costume | curls | curtains | drapery | fichu | flounces | gown | hat | leaves | literary theme | pillar | portrait | woman
- Associated People:
- Caroline de Lichtfield (character)
Hoppner, Phoebe (d. 1786)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Phoebe Hoppner as Caroline de Lichtfield, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.