IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Mrs. Michael Angelo Taylor as 'Miranda', ca. 1798
Mrs. Michael Angelo Taylor as 'Miranda'
- ca. 1798
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 1/4 × 18 1/8 inches (64.1 × 46 cm), Image: 25 1/8 x 18in. (63.8 x 45.7cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "86009 | N / - / - "; lower right: "Mrs. Michael Angelo Taylor | J Ward after Hoppner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | plays by William Shakespeare | The Tempest, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
James Ward (Yale Center for British Art, 2004-05-21 - 2004-08-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.