- Mezzotint (first state) on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 × 11 13/16 inches (40.6 × 30 cm), Plate: 15 × 11 inches (38.1 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 1/8 × 10 5/16 inches (33.3 × 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#80"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J Hoppner"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J. Young"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd March 1788 by J Young No.28 Newman Street Oxford Street London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beads | bushes | dress | sunlight | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.