- Mezzotint (first state) on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 16 × 11 13/16 inches (40.6 × 30 cm), 15 × 11 inches (38.1 × 27.9 cm), and 13 1/8 × 10 5/16 inches (33.3 × 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#80"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J Hoppner"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J. Young"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd March 1788 by J Young No.28 Newman Street Oxford Street London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beads | bushes | dress | religious and mythological subject | sitting | sunlight | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.