The Countess of Blessington
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 x 12 15/16 inches (40.5 x 32.9 cm), Plate: 12 1/16 x 9 inches (30.6 x 22.8 cm), and Image: 8 1/4 x 6 7/16 inches (21 x 16.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "15"; on back, center right: "1948"; on back, lower center: "#117"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Thos. Lawrence, P. R. A. | Proof"; lower center: "London, Published June 1, 1837, by Hodgson & Graves, Printsellers to the King 6, Pall Mall"; lower right: "S. Cousins A. R. A. | The Countess of Blessington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchair | brooch | corsage | costume | countess | dress | ermine | fur | gown | jewelry | nobility | pearls | portrait | ring | sash | silk | woman
- Associated People:
- Gardiner, Marguerite, countess of Blessington (1789–1849), author
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, The Countess of Blessington, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.