The Countess of Blessington
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 x 12 15/16 inches (40.5 x 32.9 cm), Plate: 12 1/16 x 9 inches (30.6 x 22.8 cm), and Image: 8 1/4 x 6 7/16 inches (21 x 16.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "15"; on back, center right: "1948"; on back, lower center: "#117"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Thos. Lawrence, P. R. A. | Proof"; lower center: "London, Published June 1, 1837, by Hodgson & Graves, Printsellers to the King 6, Pall Mall"; lower right: "S. Cousins A. R. A. | The Countess of Blessington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchair | brooch | corsage | costume | countess | dress | ermine | fur | gown | jewelry | nobility | pearls | portrait | ring | sash | silk | woman
- Associated People:
- Gardiner, Marguerite, countess of Blessington (1789–1849), author
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, The Countess of Blessington, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.