- The Calmady Children
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 10 7/16 inches (32 x 26.5 cm), Plate: 12 1/16 x 9 3/8 inches (30.7 x 23.8 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 x 6 15/16 inches (18.5 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "8/1"; on back, lower center: "#131"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Thos Lawrence P. R. A."; lower center: "London, Published Sept 1 1835 by Hodgson Boys & Graves Printsellers to the King 6 Pall Mall"; lower right: "Samuel Cousins. | Nature"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bows (costume accessories) | children | cloth | curls | dresses | gesture | girls | jewelry | necklace | nobility | portrait | profile (figure) | roundel (architectural element) | ruffle | sash | sisters | smile | tondo
- Associated People:
- Calmady, Miss Emily (1818–1906), daughter of Charles Biggs Calmady of Langdon Hall, Devonshire
Calmady, Miss Laura Anne (1820–1894), daughter of Charles Biggs Calmady of Langdon Hall, Devonshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, The Calmady Children, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.