IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Miss Croker, 1828
- Mezzotint (first published state) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/8 × 15 1/4 inches (48.6 × 38.7 cm), Plate: 14 × 10 1/2 inches (35.6 × 26.7 cm), Chine collé: 13 5/8 × 10 1/4 inches (34.6 × 26 cm), Image: 9 1/4 × 7 5/8 inches (23.5 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Presenté à Monsieur P Luchini | par Son sincire Ami."
Lettered below image, lower center: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins from a Picture by Sir Thomas Lawrence P.R.A. Principle Painter in Ordinary to His Majesty. | London July 1828 Published by M. Colnaghi. 23 Cockspur Street Charing Cross"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "S. Cousins"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelet | chemise | figure study | girl | pearls | waistband
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.