Mary Elizabeth, Countess Grey, with Her Two Children
- Additional Title(s):
Countess Grey and Children
Countess Grey and Her Daughters
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 13 3/4 inches (43.5 x 35 cm), Plate: 16 5/8 x 12 5/8 inches (42.2 x 32.1 cm), and Image: 12 5/8 x 10 11/16 inches (32 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#132"; on back, lower right: "16371"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins from the Original Picture by the late Sir Thomas Lawrence P. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | bracelet (jewelry) | children | column (architectural element) | costume | couch | countess | daughters | dresses | girls | gowns | jewelry | landscape | mother | necklaces | nobility | pearls | pendant (jewelry) | portrait | roundel (architectural element) | sash | sisters | smile | sofa | tondo | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Ponsonby, Mary Elizabeth, Countess Grey (1776–1861)
Grey, Lady Georgiana (1801–1900)
Grey, Lady Caroline (1805–1875)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Mary Elizabeth, Countess Grey, with Her Two Children, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.